Monday, January 17, 2011



Wouldn't it be boring if life was black and white.
"I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." MLKjr.
That is my dream too Mr. King! There is still so much hate in this world and I wish I could shelter my daughter from it but to ignore our past is to repeat it! I'm not worried about Adalynn being racist to people who are African American decendants! What I am worried about is the racism associated with people from the middle east. We are repeating EVERYTHING we've worked to resolve and that worries me.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I agree. *most* seem to have "gotten over" racism associated with African Americans, but the racism against anyone who looks like they're from the Middle East is getting to be as bad as it was for the blacks. It's sad really. I think the problem is that we didn't actually resolve the problem, we just shifted it to another race :(

    ReplyDelete