Thursday, January 13, 2011

My daughter is wearing an apron. What this picture doesn't show you is that I also am wearing the same apron but in a grown up size! Adalynn was such a big help today with making salsa, fruit salad, enchiladas, and doing dishes! I can't wait for her to be able to do more in the kitchen! When I mention that mom's try to give me horror stories about there kids spilling flour everywhere or about there kids picking there nose while coughing into the mixture of whatever we are making. That doesn't discourage me in the least bit because I never had anyone to bake with growing up and I remember always wanting that type of experience and I want my daughter to look back and laugh at the fact that she went head first into a bowl of chocolate or that she came out of the kitchen covered from head to toe in gunk and flour! If she makes a mess? Then we'll just clean it up!!! There is a reason I own TONS of cleaning supplies.. its because I expect my daughter to be messy!

2 comments:

  1. I agree. As much as I cringe highly when that bowl of flour hits the floor, it's nice to have those memories that you can look back at and laugh than to not have memories at all.

    ReplyDelete